This week, BlackGirlShining is dedicated to Black Men. We want to encourage, and inspire our wonderful brothers. We were also fortunate to have a guest male blogger this week to help curate. We would love your feedback and please Share with the men in your life anything that inspired you!
20. Learn a new Language and use it as often as possible.
19: Have a meal with the elderly often. Ask them all the questions you can think of about their youth and just LISTEN.
18: Go to an important event in an outfit from the Thrift store. Making something out of nothing is so rewarding and the rush of “Making it work” is pure satisfaction. Besides, store bought clothing at times can be overrated.
17: Take a youth under your wing (even if you have children) and help them get to College by encouraging them and supporting them if you can
16: Live in another country (or state) from where you grew up. Changing locations help change prespectives.
15:Write a NO MORE FEAR list. Everything your scared of and attack them all (or most) within a year.
14:Go Natural, at least once in your life! Find out what it’s like to not suppress your natural hair. The freedom of feeling your own hair is a confidence booster and much needed break on your scalp!
13: Attend a Jill Scott concert- her music speaks to our souls
12:Find the poetry in your life! Whether it’s writing, singing, crafting, dancing. Find it, Pursue it! and hold on tight to it!
11: Have monthly “Try something New” Dinners. While most of us can’t travel around the world like we would want. Travel around your neighborhood and find the most culturally concentrated restaurants you can find and tell the server to take you on a taste journey—- You’ll be surprised, enlightened, and learn something new at the same time.
10. Accept yourself for who you are. Accept your faults and grow in them! Change is inevitable! Consistent work in personal growth bears visible change……within TIME. So……. give yourself TIME to change.
9. SMILE! SMILE! SMILE! because it’s beautiful and it’s causes others to do so!
8. So…… WORK is GREAT! Your the boss, climbing that ladder, working from home, calling the shots…….But take a break. Find joy in doing Nothing….I repeat…..DOING NOTHING…
7. Single?? Date outside your RACE. Your Black and Beautiful, I know. But let other’s know and learn from them. Don’t let you or your families tradition stop you from finding the path in life YOU are supposed to follow.
6. Married??LOVE your husband HARD! Why, cause he married your crazy butt! :)
5. Walk/Dance/Sing in the rain and DON’T WORRY ABOUT YOUR HAIR!
4. Document your life story, ALL the wonderful tidbits and share it with someone.
3. ALWAYS LOVE Harder than you fight
2.TRAVEL—-see the world. See the world around you. Be inspired, even by the bleakest of surroundings. Change them and change yourself to see them differently.
1. Finally, Don’t think too hard to FORGIVE- Just do it. BE HUMBLE AND LOVE - LOVE -LOVE
Global strippah Black Sistah Into the hieght of the hype Not knowing her mental might Misused and confused Cripled by her brotha’s verbal abuse Now lost in the Game Of wealth and Fame What is your soul worth sistah? What is your soul worth sistah? Why are you putting a price on your soul sistah, Soul Sistah?! He needs you sistah You need him sistah Don’t give up sistah naw sistah